CarBuzz.com offers up latest batch of 2015 Ford Mustang renderings

By - August 26, 2013 – 12:01 pm10 Comments | 19,182 views

2015 Ford Mustang

With the latest round of spy photos all but revealing the face of the 2015 Ford Mustang, it was inevitable that someone would take another crack at a new rendering. That someone is CarBuzz.com, who today posted several new images of what they think the 2015 Mustang will look like. The renderings stick closely to the spy photos, providing the same outline for the upper and lower grille as well as the headlights. There are some big differences, however, particularly with the side intakes and the front splitter.

The new renderings don’t just focus on the front of the car, though, and offer a look at the side and rear of the 2015 Mustang as well. The proposed design shows off thinner, sleeker tri-bar taillights, a gloss finish blackout panel and a modest rear diffuser in between dual exhaust tips. Whether they are accurate are not is impossible to tell since these views of the 2015 Mustang remain largely hidden.

Take a closer look at the new renderings for yourself in the gallery below, and be sure to tell us what you think of the design in the comments section.

[Source: CarBuzz.com]

• Josef says:

2010+ taillight design after the 2013 taillights? I can’t believe it

• AldoALLES says:

Why are they still basing the design on the retro design when they are clearly going after the new kinetic design language. Expect wrap around tail lights, a sharper waist line if there’s one at all and the quarter window to be totally different

• john says:

Too far from reality. For a concept stang Yes but in reality Nope. It’s obvious that the ’15 looks like the Fusion only in two doors. lol.

• Andreas says:

I own a ’07 GT, because its different from all the other brands in the streets here in Germany. It’s a own, stunning design in a world of streamlined cars of a common and boring look. This 2015 “Mustang” belongs rather to those but not to its heritage. Ford created with the Mustang a own brand within the brand. An therefore, Mustang customers are even not normal Ford customers. Ford should remember that and create a Mustang adressing the expectations of its fans but not a world car that nobody wants. Kinetic design (whatever this mean)may be good for Fusion & Co. but a Mustang needs a muscle design! Amazingly, this new design was made to reintroduce the Mustang in Europe also. But German Mustang-drivers want to stay the the old design – because they want a American car!

• Joseph Scott says:

Sorry, but I LIKE it!! These are just of the base model, but I can see SO much potential for the aftermarket and the “Special Editions” like the Mach 1 :) Best I’ve seen so far!!

• Rob says:

That front end may be close. I don’t think the pitch will be that sharp tho (side view), it will be more subtle. I do not think the rear will look quite so much like the current car which this rendering does. If they are gonna change it they better change the whole thing. I agree with styling cues of the past of course. Bottom line is I like it but I don’t think the rear end will look like this at all. tri-bar tail lights yes but not so similar to the current car.

• Allan Crocket says:

Well I think they are really attacking the aero on the car. About time, its the one thing that improves every part of the driving experience. Plus mileage. Love it.

• jdharris76 says:

Aldo is right. We already know that Ford is abandoning the ‘retro’ styling queues, so the rear end is all wrong. I think we’re probably going to get something more like a love child of a 2014 Mustang and a Infiniti G37 coupe.

• Bullitt6019 says:

If this is accurate, I am starting to warm up to it…..

• Kenkin says:

I agree with john and Andreas, this looks only a boring car that every Japanese auto maker will have 3~5 seriese that are look the same.