Spy Photos: 2015 Mustang interior revealed
Much of the speculation of the upcoming 2015 Mustang’s design has been about the exterior, although we’re perhaps just as curious about what Ford will do with the interior. With widespread speculation that the next generation will be a global vehicle, it’s likely that Ford will be designing the cockpit to appeal to a wider variety of international buyers. Undoubtedly Ford will make the interior less retro, as Ford’s lead designer, J Mays, has said the exterior will feature more futuristic styling.
Thankfully we don’t have to wait anymore to get our first look at the inside of the 2015 Mustang, as InsideLine.com’s spy photographers have managed to get images of the interior of an engineering test mule. Perhaps most noticeable is the new multi-function steering wheel with MyFord Touch, and a new instrument panel similar to the 2013 F-150′s can also be seen. Keep in mind that plenty of changes could be made before the design if finalized, and Inside Line does point out that it’s impossible to say whether these new elements will actually be used or if Ford is simply testing out the new components. One thing for sure is that technology will certainly play a larger part in the next generation Mustang.
You can see the spy photos of the 2015 Mustang interior below.
- Photo Gallery: 2015 Ford Mustang in Black
- An inside look at the 2015 Mustang's EcoBoost engine
- New report suggests 2015 Mustang four-cylinder to be available in U.S. after all, will be more powerful than the V6
- 2015 Ford Mustang rendered by Popular Hot Rodding
- 2015 Ford Mustang to get 2.3-liter EcoBoost 4-cylinder with 310 horsepower?
- Video: Listen to the roar of the 2015 Mustang GT's V8
- TIME Magazine releases new photos of 2015 Ford Mustang
- Will the 2015 Ford Mustang's 4-cylinder engine be for Europe only?
- 2015 Ford Mustang to be officially revealed in December
- Video: 2015 Ford Mustang prototype caught on camera