Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 burnout
The 2013 Shelby GT500 media drive is this week at Road Atlanta, and while the reviews are embargoed for a later date, MotorAuthority.com is giving us a preview of what we can expect. The web site today posted a video of a 2013 GT500 doing one of the things it does best: shred tires. With 662 horsepower and 631 lb-ft torque on tap the Shelby easily overpowers the rear tires, making for a smokey burnout and a pair of black streaks left on the pavement.
Of course, that doesn’t mean the 2013 GT500 can’t put the power down. Thanks to revised gearing and an all new launch control system the new Shelby should be faster off the line than any other production Mustang.
You can check out the video of the 2013 Shelby GT500 burnout below, complete with three different angles of tire-shredding carnage.
- Video: Roush shows how burnouts are done in the 2014 Stage 3 Mustang
- SPEED TV to give away custom 2013 Shelby GT500 during Barrett-Jackson
- New Product: Ford Racing Sport Mufflers for the 2013-2014 Shelby GT500
- SPEED TV announces winner of Ford Racing Champions Shelby GT500
- 1967 Shelby GT500 Barn Find discovered in Death Valley
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 underrated, dyno tests at 609 rwhp
- Video: Motor Trend pits the 2011 Shelby GT500 against the Corvette Z06, Nissan GT-R
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 takes to the track
- Video: Ford shows off 2013 Shelby GT500's launch control system
- 2012 Shelby GT500 tops Forbes' list of fastest cars under $50,000