Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 burnout
The 2013 Shelby GT500 media drive is this week at Road Atlanta, and while the reviews are embargoed for a later date, MotorAuthority.com is giving us a preview of what we can expect. The web site today posted a video of a 2013 GT500 doing one of the things it does best: shred tires. With 662 horsepower and 631 lb-ft torque on tap the Shelby easily overpowers the rear tires, making for a smokey burnout and a pair of black streaks left on the pavement.
Of course, that doesn’t mean the 2013 GT500 can’t put the power down. Thanks to revised gearing and an all new launch control system the new Shelby should be faster off the line than any other production Mustang.
You can check out the video of the 2013 Shelby GT500 burnout below, complete with three different angles of tire-shredding carnage.
- Video: Roush shows how burnouts are done in the 2014 Stage 3 Mustang
- Car & Driver gets a ride in the 2013 Shelby GT500
- 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible debut confirmed for Chicago Auto Show
- Photo Gallery: Shelby GT500 Super Snake Anniversary Edition on display at Barrett-Jackson
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 hits the racetrack
- SPEED TV to give away custom 2013 Shelby GT500 during Barrett-Jackson
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 in Deep Impact Blue
- Report: 2013 Shelby GT500 capable of mid 11 second 1/4 mile times
- Road & Track gives inside perspective on the 2013 Shelby GT500's Nürburgring testing
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible at the Chicago Auto Show