Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 burnout
The 2013 Shelby GT500 media drive is this week at Road Atlanta, and while the reviews are embargoed for a later date, MotorAuthority.com is giving us a preview of what we can expect. The web site today posted a video of a 2013 GT500 doing one of the things it does best: shred tires. With 662 horsepower and 631 lb-ft torque on tap the Shelby easily overpowers the rear tires, making for a smokey burnout and a pair of black streaks left on the pavement.
Of course, that doesn’t mean the 2013 GT500 can’t put the power down. Thanks to revised gearing and an all new launch control system the new Shelby should be faster off the line than any other production Mustang.
You can check out the video of the 2013 Shelby GT500 burnout below, complete with three different angles of tire-shredding carnage.
- Video: Roush shows how burnouts are done in the 2014 Stage 3 Mustang
- Video: Watch the Shelby GT500 hit 190 mph on the Autobahn
- 2013 Shelby GT500 certified at 662 horsepower and 630 lb-ft torque
- SPEED TV to give away custom 2013 Shelby GT500 during Barrett-Jackson
- Shelby president John Luft on the development of the Shelby 1000 and the future of Shelby Mustangs
- Photo Gallery: Ford releases new images of the 2013 Shelby GT500
- Ford releases official details on 2011 Shelby GT500 including new aluminum block V8
- Video: First 2013 Shelby GT500 in the 9s
- Photo Gallery: 1968 Shelby EXP 500 "Green Hornet"
- Photo Gallery: Shelby GT500 Super Snake Anniversary Edition