Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 burnout
The 2013 Shelby GT500 media drive is this week at Road Atlanta, and while the reviews are embargoed for a later date, MotorAuthority.com is giving us a preview of what we can expect. The web site today posted a video of a 2013 GT500 doing one of the things it does best: shred tires. With 662 horsepower and 631 lb-ft torque on tap the Shelby easily overpowers the rear tires, making for a smokey burnout and a pair of black streaks left on the pavement.
Of course, that doesn’t mean the 2013 GT500 can’t put the power down. Thanks to revised gearing and an all new launch control system the new Shelby should be faster off the line than any other production Mustang.
You can check out the video of the 2013 Shelby GT500 burnout below, complete with three different angles of tire-shredding carnage.
- 2013 Shelby GT500 reviews hit the web
- Video: Jay Leno drives the 2013 Shelby GT500
- SVT chief: The Boss 302 was the motivation for the 2013 Shelby GT500, not the Camaro ZL1
- Inside Line takes the 2013 Shelby GT500 on a cross-country road trip
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 in Deep Impact Blue
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 Cobra
- Video: Evolution Performance and Lund Racing tune the 2013 Shelby GT500
- 2013 Shelby GT500: 200 mph was the goal
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 takes to the track
- Spy Photos: 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible caught testing with quad exhaust tips