Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 burnout
The 2013 Shelby GT500 media drive is this week at Road Atlanta, and while the reviews are embargoed for a later date, MotorAuthority.com is giving us a preview of what we can expect. The web site today posted a video of a 2013 GT500 doing one of the things it does best: shred tires. With 662 horsepower and 631 lb-ft torque on tap the Shelby easily overpowers the rear tires, making for a smokey burnout and a pair of black streaks left on the pavement.
Of course, that doesn’t mean the 2013 GT500 can’t put the power down. Thanks to revised gearing and an all new launch control system the new Shelby should be faster off the line than any other production Mustang.
You can check out the video of the 2013 Shelby GT500 burnout below, complete with three different angles of tire-shredding carnage.
- Video: Roush shows how burnouts are done in the 2014 Stage 3 Mustang
- SEMA Preview: 1000 horsepower widebody Shelby GT500 Super Snake
- Video: First 2013 Shelby GT500 in the 9s
- Photo Gallery: 1968 Shelby EXP 500 "Green Hornet"
- Video: Durability testing the 2013 Shelby GT500 with Carroll Shelby
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 takes to the track
- 2013 Shelby GT500 to participate in Goodwood Festival of Speed as tribute to Carroll Shelby
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 in Red Candy
- Spy Photos: 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible caught testing with quad exhaust tips
- 2012 Shelby GT500 tops Forbes' list of fastest cars under $50,000