Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 burnout
The 2013 Shelby GT500 media drive is this week at Road Atlanta, and while the reviews are embargoed for a later date, MotorAuthority.com is giving us a preview of what we can expect. The web site today posted a video of a 2013 GT500 doing one of the things it does best: shred tires. With 662 horsepower and 631 lb-ft torque on tap the Shelby easily overpowers the rear tires, making for a smokey burnout and a pair of black streaks left on the pavement.
Of course, that doesn’t mean the 2013 GT500 can’t put the power down. Thanks to revised gearing and an all new launch control system the new Shelby should be faster off the line than any other production Mustang.
You can check out the video of the 2013 Shelby GT500 burnout below, complete with three different angles of tire-shredding carnage.
- Video: Roush shows how burnouts are done in the 2014 Stage 3 Mustang
- Vortech releases air inlet upgrade for the GT500
- President Obama calls the 2013 Shelby GT500 "sick"
- New Product: Ford Racing Sport Mufflers for the 2013-2014 Shelby GT500
- Video: 2011 Shelby Super Snake vs Shelby 427 Cobra
- Shelby president John Luft on the development of the Shelby 1000 and the future of Shelby Mustangs
- 2013 Shelby GT500: 200 mph was the goal
- Video: Ford shows off 2013 Shelby GT500's launch control system
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 Cobra
- Spy Photos: 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible caught testing with quad exhaust tips