Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 burnout
The 2013 Shelby GT500 media drive is this week at Road Atlanta, and while the reviews are embargoed for a later date, MotorAuthority.com is giving us a preview of what we can expect. The web site today posted a video of a 2013 GT500 doing one of the things it does best: shred tires. With 662 horsepower and 631 lb-ft torque on tap the Shelby easily overpowers the rear tires, making for a smokey burnout and a pair of black streaks left on the pavement.
Of course, that doesn’t mean the 2013 GT500 can’t put the power down. Thanks to revised gearing and an all new launch control system the new Shelby should be faster off the line than any other production Mustang.
You can check out the video of the 2013 Shelby GT500 burnout below, complete with three different angles of tire-shredding carnage.
- Special 2013 Shelby GT500 to be auctioned at Barrett-Jackson
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 in Deep Impact Blue
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 takes on the hill climb at the Goodwood Festival of Speed
- Video: Meet the engineers behind the 2013 Shelby GT500
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 takes on the Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG
- Video: Evolution Performance and Lund Racing tune the 2013 Shelby GT500
- Video: First 2013 Shelby GT500 in the 9s
- A look inside the 2013 Shelby GT500's 650 horsepower 5.8-liter supercharged V8
- Inside Line takes the 2013 Shelby GT500 on a cross-country road trip
- Video: Roush shows how burnouts are done in the 2014 Stage 3 Mustang