Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 burnout
The 2013 Shelby GT500 media drive is this week at Road Atlanta, and while the reviews are embargoed for a later date, MotorAuthority.com is giving us a preview of what we can expect. The web site today posted a video of a 2013 GT500 doing one of the things it does best: shred tires. With 662 horsepower and 631 lb-ft torque on tap the Shelby easily overpowers the rear tires, making for a smokey burnout and a pair of black streaks left on the pavement.
Of course, that doesn’t mean the 2013 GT500 can’t put the power down. Thanks to revised gearing and an all new launch control system the new Shelby should be faster off the line than any other production Mustang.
You can check out the video of the 2013 Shelby GT500 burnout below, complete with three different angles of tire-shredding carnage.
- Video: Roush shows how burnouts are done in the 2014 Stage 3 Mustang
- 2012 Shelby GT500 tops Forbes' list of fastest cars under $50,000
- Photo Gallery: 1968 Shelby EXP 500 "Green Hornet"
- 2013 Shelby GT500 prototype to be sold at Barrett-Jackson for charity
- SVT chief: The Boss 302 was the motivation for the 2013 Shelby GT500, not the Camaro ZL1
- Shelby GT500 will continue past 2014 as part of next generation Mustang lineup
- 2013 Shelby GT500 priced at $54,995
- Shelby ending 2005-2014 Mustang production with GT500 Super Snake Signature Edition
- 2013 Shelby GT500 reviews hit the web
- Video: Lethal Performance's 2013 Shelby GT500 sets new record with 9.39 second 1/4 mile run