Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 burnout
The 2013 Shelby GT500 media drive is this week at Road Atlanta, and while the reviews are embargoed for a later date, MotorAuthority.com is giving us a preview of what we can expect. The web site today posted a video of a 2013 GT500 doing one of the things it does best: shred tires. With 662 horsepower and 631 lb-ft torque on tap the Shelby easily overpowers the rear tires, making for a smokey burnout and a pair of black streaks left on the pavement.
Of course, that doesn’t mean the 2013 GT500 can’t put the power down. Thanks to revised gearing and an all new launch control system the new Shelby should be faster off the line than any other production Mustang.
You can check out the video of the 2013 Shelby GT500 burnout below, complete with three different angles of tire-shredding carnage.
- Video: Roush shows how burnouts are done in the 2014 Stage 3 Mustang
- Code Red: Shelby and Nelson Racing Engines team up for 1000 rwhp twin-turbo GT500 prototype
- Road & Track gives inside perspective on the 2013 Shelby GT500's Nürburgring testing
- Motor Trend puts the 2013 Shelby GT500's 200 mph top speed to the test
- Shelby begins production of first 2013 GT500 Super Snake
- SPEED TV to give away custom 2013 Shelby GT500 during Barrett-Jackson
- The 2013 Shelby GT500's official top speed? 202 mph.
- Photo Gallery: Need for Speed Shelby GT500 Hero Car
- 2013 Shelby GT500 certified at 662 horsepower and 630 lb-ft torque
- 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible debut confirmed for Chicago Auto Show