Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 burnout
The 2013 Shelby GT500 media drive is this week at Road Atlanta, and while the reviews are embargoed for a later date, MotorAuthority.com is giving us a preview of what we can expect. The web site today posted a video of a 2013 GT500 doing one of the things it does best: shred tires. With 662 horsepower and 631 lb-ft torque on tap the Shelby easily overpowers the rear tires, making for a smokey burnout and a pair of black streaks left on the pavement.
Of course, that doesn’t mean the 2013 GT500 can’t put the power down. Thanks to revised gearing and an all new launch control system the new Shelby should be faster off the line than any other production Mustang.
You can check out the video of the 2013 Shelby GT500 burnout below, complete with three different angles of tire-shredding carnage.
- Video: Roush shows how burnouts are done in the 2014 Stage 3 Mustang
- Video: Hot Rod Magazine test drives the 2011 Shelby GT500 Super Snake
- 2013 Shelby GT500 Order Guide
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 hits the racetrack
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Custom 2013 Shelby GT500 raises $150,000 for the Henry Ford Hospital
- 2013 Shelby GT500 reviews hit the web
- Report: 2013 Shelby GT500 capable of mid 11 second 1/4 mile times
- Lysholm supercharger kits for 2007-2009 Shelby GT500s now available for order
- Ultimate Shelby GT500 Super Snake to debut at Detroit Auto Show
- SEMA 2011: Shelby GT500 Super Snake Widebody